Monday, November 21, 2005

Wild and Crazy Weather!

We awoke this morning to torrential rains beating down but it is so lovely and warm. Now as I sit in my office I can hear the winds swirling outside, whipping the trees into the building. I just checked the weather report and we have a tornado watch til 6PM, a High Wind Advisory til 4PM tomorrow and a severe thunderstorm warning til late this evening. Weather is such an important part of our lives on this little spit of sand. Anyone who says living here is dull just isn't telling the truth. I'd better go check on Dale and Leon and make sure they haven't "blowed" away!

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Ocracoke Street Names (Part I), published November 19, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news111905.htm.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment