Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I Believe in Pot-Lucks

Regular readers of this journal know that pot-luck dinners play an important role in the life of many folks who call Ocracoke home. Our local National Public Radio station has been airing essays written by North Carolinians on the theme "This I Believe." Gary Mitchell, long-time island resident and guitarist for our "Molasses Creek" band, submitted his essay, "I Believe in Pot-Lucks," and it was chosen to be read on the air.

Gary was kind enough to give me permission to reproduce his essay on our monthly "Ocracoke Newsletter." You can read it here. I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:05 PM

    Post some recipes......this kind of writing makes everyone hungry and curious. What makes the deviled eggs special or the lima beans? Help us out here.

    ReplyDelete