Thursday, December 21, 2006

Carolers

Last night Amy, David, Lachlan, and I were enjoying dinner together at my house when we heard a knock at the door. Upon opening the door we were greeted by a dozen or so Christmas carolers. Sundae had told me that a group of folks would be out caroling one more time (they'd already been around the village last week), and invited me to join them. But I forgot about it.

So here I was, thinking, "I must be getting old. Carolers usually go to old people's homes." But Lachlan was there with me and that made it seem better. After serenading us with several songs the carolers asked for a request. Deck the Halls is Lachlan's favorite seasonal song, so we all joined in, with especially robust "Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, las."

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter is Jamie Tunnell's story about Dory Fishing on Ocracoke's Beach. Click on the link to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment