Monday, January 15, 2007

January Thoughts

I'm back at the keyboard again. Lou Ann & I spent a wonderful three weeks together, including the Christmas holidays here on the island. So many other islanders were traveling to exotic winter vacation spots, but we decided to simply spend the time together, with a break from work and from the journal. We enjoyed dinners in front of the fire, hosted a Twelfth Night pot luck, watched movies, talked into the night, learned new recipes, visited family & friends, and laughed.....a lot.

But Lou Ann is back in Indiana, and I am ready again to keep our readers up to date on island news. Actually quite a bit happened these last two weeks. I'll share some of that in the next day or so. Right now the news is that this day is delightful -- sunny and pleasant with temps near 70. (Lou Ann informs me that the latest mid-west winter storm has extended its icy reach into her neighborhood, and temperatures are plunging.)

Just yesterday I learned that I have an Ocracoke Preservation Meeting tonight....and jury duty in early February. And, of course, there are lots of neglected details to attend to here at Village Craftsmen. But work can wait a few more hours. I believe I'll take a stroll along the beach.

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter is Jamie Tunnell's story about Dory Fishing on Ocracoke's Beach. Click on the link to read it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Glad you had a good vacation!
    But I'm really glad the Blog is up and running again. For us poor folk back on the mainland, your journal is a Godsend!
    Happy New Year!!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:23 PM

    Welcome back! I missed your blog as well. Your journal keeps me relaxed and reminded of wonderful warm days spent on Ocracoke each year. I did get an "Ocracoke fix" while you were away however. I found the blog for Soundside Records/Molasses Creek. Thanks to all of Ocracoke for keeping us mainlanders a part of your wonderful island!

    ReplyDelete