Saturday, June 23, 2007

Early Morning Rain

I awoke early this morning to the sound of a light, gentle rain on the roof. Outside our window steady streams of water fell through tree branches and onto the ground nurturing plants and trees.

Later, in my outdoor shower, I looked up at the cedar trees festooned with pearly water droplets and thought "what a beautiful world." Birds flitted back and forth chirping all the while. The sky is light gray and the village is subdued and serene, at least for a while. Lou Ann is practicing yoga at Deepwater Theater with a group of friends. If it weren't for work (yes, summer means work for us islanders) I'd be lying in the hammock with my latest book.

Take a journey back in time with our latest Ocracoke Newsletter. You can capture some of the thrill of riding on the old mailboat Aleta by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment