Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thanks for the Comments

We are sometimes amazed that folks actually read our journal entries, at least I am. We sit here in relative solitude, often not seeing but one or two souls in a days time in the winter. It's so nice to find the comments that you leave for us. To Beth Moore who wanted to know why we visited Chesapeake City, Md. - my husband Frank ( he makes the soap ) grew up there and most of his family lives in or around there. His Mom, Dolly is who we usually stay with when we're there. To the person who had the great suggestions about Burger King - thanks. We'll be traveling again and we'll need more coupons! Willie got a hamburg every time we stopped. Boy does he love to go. To the person who had the question about the vendors who got stranded overnight on the island - there is always one motel open for just that circumstance and if there wasn't I'm sure, knowing Ocracoke folks, they'd have a place to lay their heads. Dallie and I are working hard closing out last year and getting Village Craftsmen ready to open in March. Our hours are long but the radio is loud and we can wear our old clothes and take long walks on nice days. Those are our "perks" off season. Later. Jude

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is inspired by an April, 1942 article about the island in The State magazine. You can read it here.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:11 PM

    Tell Frank that I sure do enjoy my soap! It makes my bathroom (and me!) smell like The Village Craftsmen. It reminds me of Ocracoke and keeps me happy and clean. I hope my supply lasts until I return this summer.

    Lynn in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:21 PM

    Hi from Denmark!

    Jude, I justed wanted to say thanks for writing! I love reading this blog... it always makes me feel closer to home! And for once I'm actually missing the quiteness of Ocracoke winter a little... :)

    Lots of Love!
    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete