Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"Right Spiffy"

I believe "Spring Spiffing" is in human DNA. I believe it's totally out of our control, like some horrible addiction. But it's not horrible at all, it's fun. Dallie has been painting in the shop and sewing lovely thingys for tables and showcases. Next Monday I'll scrub Village Craftsmens front porch and paint the front door. I bought flowers for the front and wonderful new merchandise for the shop. Jaren is busy putting the new items on our website. Kimberly is working both here and at the Hemp Shop with Frank "spiffing" there. The azaleas, camelias and wisteria in the Hemp Shop yard are breathtaking again this year and if the sun ever comes out again I'm sure they'll be even prettier! The island is humming with sawing and hammering - or is that the rain? And so the work continues, until we can truly say, " My, my don't things look right spiffy".





Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a reprint of the eulogy given at the funeral service for island native Muzel Bryant who died in February at the age of 103. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment