Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentie's Day

We here at Village Craftsmen wish all of our readers a Happy Valentine's Day!

I sent my four grandchildren homemade valentine cards (just a red heart cut out of poster board, with a simple valentine's wish -- I made my own because by the time I looked for cards locally there wasn't much of a selection). I haven't spoken with the three children from the mountains yet, but Lachlan got his a couple of days ago. He was delighted. He came running up to me waving the card and telling me "You're my Valentine!" Sometimes I forget how important it is for children to receive real mail. Email is OK, but a genuine card or letter in an envelope, with a real stamp and your very own name written on it, that you pull out of your mailbox...that's a treat for a young-un! (Psst: Grownups like real letters, too.)

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter provides more information about the majestic live oaks on Ocracoke Island. You can read it here.

To read about Philip's new book, Digging up Uncle Evans, History, Ghost Tales, & Stories from Ocracoke Island, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment