Monday, September 03, 2012

Clear

Every now and then the water at the ocean is remarkably, invitingly clear. It was like that yesterday morning when Lachlan and I decided to spend some time together at the beach. We both remarked at how easily we could see the bottom, even when standing in chest deep water. Then a large wave stirred up the sand and it took a while for the water to clear. As we played, the big waves came a bit more frequently. The water wasn't quite so clear anymore, but it sure was fun. We stayed until we both got hungry, then headed back home for lunch and an ice cream cone at the Community Square.

 Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of midwifery on Ocracoke. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news082112.htm.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:30 AM

    Such a good life you lead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tell my grand kids that its a strict rule we are required to have ice cream every day on Ocracoke I.

    They are not allowed to refuse it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:49 PM

    "You shall not covet", but NC Mainlander is so envious of you, Philip!

    I could just picture from your excellent description, you & Lachlan in the ocean having a grand time together.

    Grandparent's day is next Sunday. I am quite certain you are indeed a "grand" grandparent! I suspect Lachlan would wholeheartedly agree!

    ReplyDelete